29 July 2010

Shame Be the Color of a New White Uniform

I started The Help after work on Monday and stayed up until 2:00 reading. I don't think I've done that since I reread Harry Potter. It felt good. Even when I got up for work the next morning.

The book is beautifully written, and a powerful story. At times it made me feel guilty for taking so many things for granted and being so comfortable with the current status quo. It makes me wonder if perhaps I shouldn't be so comfortable. Although I don't really know how I would go about changing that.
"Wasn't that the point of the book? For women to realize, we are just two people. Not that much separates us. Not nearly as much as I'd thought."

1 comment:

  1. You are so right--this book is amazing! I'm glad that you loved it. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete