20 November 2010

Two Years Ago Today

I sat on a rock on a beach.


The wind blew across the lake, helping the waves along as they rolled towards the shore. The heat of the sun balanced the chill of the breeze, so I didn't mind shivering slightly in shorts I hadn't worn since arriving in the country. It was the first time I was really alone since arriving too. I had taken Melissa's ipod and skipped through a variety of her playlists, wondering over the fact that I listened to familiar music in this place so far from home, but more home-like than anywhere else.

The day prior we had taken a field trip; across the lake, to Capernaum.  It's a beautiful little village with a beautiful church built above the remnants of Peter's house. Brother Huntington discussed with us two healing miracles in Capernaum: the woman with the issue of blood and Jairus's daughter. They aren't separate stories, although we often treat them as such. They both teach a great deal about the importance of time.


I sat on a rock on the beach in Galilee and reflected on the lessons of the previous day. Tonight I sit reflecting on the lessons of those days I spent in the Galilee. They changed my life forever.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE! And Mitch reminded me after reading this that it also means two years since our first kiss. haha. Seriously though, Galilee changed my life spiritually forever as well.

    ReplyDelete