28 June 2010

Soothing Thoughts that Spring

Remember how I said I wasn't sure if I actually liked The Language Instinct?

I accidentally left it in the car when I went to the airport on Saturday. Whoops. Maybe it wasn't an accident. Maybe my subconscious wanted me to forget it.

As reading is one of my airport rituals, I purchased a different book in the airport: Strength In What Remains by Tracy Kidder (author of Mountains Beyond Mountains). I have read about 45 pages and started tearing up approximately four times. This book is beautiful. The writing and the story. As I have not yet finished I don't feel qualified to thoroughly discuss it; however, to read an excellent and personal review go here. And if you liked the review, peruse the website. He is one of the best people I have ever known and will do great things with his life. He already has.

No comments:

Post a Comment