13 August 2010

Inception, and Other Entertainment

First off, I'd like to have a moment of recognition and respect for Christopher Nolan:
Batman Begins (2005)
The Prestige (2006)
The Dark Knight (2008)
Inception (2010)
Inception. Holy freaking cow. Have you seen it? You must. I don't care if you hate Leonardo or don't like "movies that make you think" or you can't stand it when there is not total and complete resolution. You must go see this movie.

Besides, I don't know if I agree with the people that say there is not total resolution. I thought the ending was fitting. Granted, I also saw it coming, but even without that (and I'm good at that) it was very Christopher Nolan. It felt like The Prestige did, and that was excellent as well. I think it's just another aspect of the film that is supposed to make you think, not a huge cliff hanger that leads to a sequel. The movie stands very well on its own.


In other news, I just completed the first season of Bones. We were watching an episode a few days ago and Melis discovered something awesome. Emily Deschanel, Bones, is sisters with Zooey Deschanel. Zooey of 500 Days of Summer and the new but great band, She and Him. Can't you tell?



Okay, that wasn't the best shot of her, but I loved the poster. (By the way, Joseph Gordon-Levitt was in Inception as well.)

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow I can't believe I didn't put that one together. They look like they could be twins.

    ReplyDelete