22 September 2010

A Few Random Facts and a Favor

A) I have officially begun work as a copyeditor for WERS.org. By "officially" I mean I sent in my schedule and received in response an article to edit on Jenny Lewis. It was a good article.

2) I'm debating the worth of investing in a hair straightener. Reason for debate: I can't figure out what the humidity is doing (if anything) to my hair. I kind of think it's the same as in Utah, in which case I could use a straightener. I'm still mulling.

D) I am flying to Washington DC tomorrow (via Baltimore) and am currently at a loss for what to read. I recently finished The Glass Castle (very good writing, very sad story) and have started afresh on The Meaning of Everything, but I don't know if I'm feeling it for a traveling book. Any suggestions? Hurry; if I don't own it that means I have to get it before I leave, and my flight leaves at 9:00 a.m.

2 comments:

  1. So glad to have found your blog! The last book I read, which you probably have read, was the Gurnsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. I absolutely adored it and it was perfect for my long train reading while going through Europe. I plan on reading the Glass Castle, is it too sad though? I'm not too good with sad endings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. About the hair straightener -- you could spend $$$ on a Chi and it would work great, but if you don't want to spend that much, get this one:
    http://www.amazon.com/Ceramic-Tools-CT2555-Professional-Flat/dp/B00092M2ZU/ref=sr_1_1?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1285371092&sr=8-1
    I've had that one for two years and it works great. I get professional hair products for straightening instead of spending $100+ on a chi. :-) That one in the link has adjustable heat, and even my crazy frizz hair doesn't need the full heat. It's nice.

    ReplyDelete