08 July 2011

I woke up to the sound of rain

I'm learning an odd phenomenon about Boston: it precipitates quite frequently in the summer.

Boston, the Charles River, and the Longfellow bridge

Unlike my beloved Oregon, Boston is still rather muggy. Though, the rain does break the humidity to a certain extent. But as I walked to the T with my umbrella this morning, I was forcefully reminded of a conversation I once had with Malone. We were sitting in Room 155 in what must have been June, and a few newspaper staffers started complaining that it looked like rain. Malone turned to me and said, "You know how there are people who get depressed when they don't see the sun for long periods of time? I get grouchy if it stays sunny too long. I need the rain." And sure enough, when it started to pour an hour or so later, he had a huge grin on his face.


As I walked to the T with my umbrella this morning, I couldn't stop grinning at the rain.



Image from CC Secretly Ironic on Flickr.

1 comment:

  1. That's a good story.

    And I know a lot of people, including myself, that completely relate.

    ReplyDelete