07 July 2011

Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!

Ten points to Charlotte.


I had a delightful email conversation with a (new) friend yesterday that went something like this:

We have another mutual friend. She made the connection via me mentioning canoeing, and I was so excited about it that I wanted to tell you now rather than whenever I see you next. Because work is not particularly exciting on its own. If I hadn't purchased Entertainment Weekly's special Harry Potter issue today at lunch, this might have been the highlight of the day. Settle for second best?

A


Allison,

That's fantastic! . . . I have to admit that I'm a little disappointed at losing highlight-of-the-day to a fictional, pubescent, and altogether too moody (pun intended) wizard, but I suppose I can cut my losses.

D

And I get where he's coming from, I wouldn't want to come in second to Harry Potter either (neither does Ron Weasley) (I'm in the midst of GOF right now, so that came readily to mind). But have you seen this Entertainment Weekly issue?
Entertainment Weekly

Doesn't his little boy face just melt your heart? I went home and started reading through the 50 pages & 10 years of Potter Magic, and I may or may not have gotten a little teary eyed. In one week + nine hours I will be watching the final installment of the Harry Potter series on film. Mrs. Roeding introduced me to the magical world in 1998. That's thirteen years of Harry Potter love that ends next week. I know it's really ridiculous to be so emotionally attached to a series of books, but really, they changed my life.  

Remember when I was trying to figure out what makes you feel like an adult? I grew up with Harry Potter, and next week I'll watch him grow up. Maybe this will be it for me, too.



PostScript—I've been debating for about a week whether or not to purchase this necklace. After writing this post, I opted for yes. A nostalgic, growing up memento of sorts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment