06 July 2011

Quarterback slash homecoming king?

"No. He was a rower. He was very hot."



So you saw the gorgeous flag cake my amazing roommate Melanie made. Really, I will miss watching her bake when she moves to Porter Square. Good thing I can get there in fifteen minutes from my office.

What you did not yet see was the evening’s adventure. Take a look at this map:


Oh, what's that black line in the Charles River, you ask? Why, that's four miles of rowing, baby.

Heck yes I did. I rowed a canoe four miles along the Charles. Technically eight, there and back.

Eight miles.

Now, I do have to admit that there were four other people in the canoe with me, and that I probably had the least amount of rowing prowess. K, remove the probably, I absolutely had the least amount of rowing prowess. But I did row. And I didn't die. Or fall in the river, which Mel was certain would actually happen. Anne Marie and I were grateful for that. Also grateful that Reed figured out how to be the rudder and a paddle at the same time so we didn't have to try to switch places while in the canoe.

But man, those fireworks were probably the best I've ever seen.


Ten points if you know the origin of the quotation up top.

1 comment:

  1. 500 Days of Summer.

    And I can't tell you how much I love it that you're friends with Dan (he goes by Daniel now, but I've always known him as Dan). He's delightful and validates grammar fanaticism because he's just as passionate about physics.

    I think four miles of rowing would have killed me.

    ReplyDelete