21 March 2011

A Little Humbled

I recently became acquainted with someone and we didn't mesh well. We didn't really know anything about each other, but for whatever reason she seemed to strongly dislike me. I, in turn, was not too fond of her. But last week I actually had a real conversation with her, and she doesn't hate me at all. In fact, it was very pleasant. I think we will be friends.

I told this story to a friend who had suggested I love her in the first place, and his response was "Yep, that's how it usually works."

Indeed.


So I'm trying to assume that people always have better intentions than I might perceive in them. Because that is usually the case.

1 comment:

  1. That is a good goal. Sometimes I think people don't like me but it is just their shyness/unfamiliarity that makes them seem that way.

    ReplyDelete