13 June 2012

People Like Lists

Two (count them) people have suggested that I make a list of things that I want to do in Boston this summer. "If you write them down you're more likely to do them!" says my mother. So, this is a post full of summer lists.

Because who doesn't like lists?

Boston Summer Fun List
  • SAIL. Because, good grief, it still hasn't happened. But it will, darn it. 
  • Visit the JFK Library and Museum. Shocking I haven't done this yet, no?
  • Traipse around the USS Constitution.
  • Wander through the Boston Athenaeum. This might never happen. We've planned it a bajillion times. (UPDATE since starting this list: it is happening today! In roughly an hour!)
  • See the exhibit on printmaking at the BPL. Seriously! (UPDATE: happened. See two weeks ago.)
  • Go to a Red Sox game.
  • Go to John Adams's house. I hear the library is stunning.
  • Play with Lindsay in Plymouth.
  • Go to Salem. Witches. Nathaniel Hawthorne. How is this not a good idea?
  • Drink another peach-mango smoothie in the North End. oh goodness. (Dan, you'll vouch, they are amazing, aren't they?)
  • Attend the Coldplay concert with McCall (woohoo!).

East Coast Summer Fun List
  • See the Hannah Duston statue in New Hampshire. I'm so close. How can I not go?
  • Go to Maine! And eat lobster! And figure out why I've been in love with it for years (with Maine, not lobster. I've never tried lobster.).
  • Wander to Prince Edward Island? Oh that would be awesome.
  • Meet Miranda in Providence. Might turn into NYC/Boston/DC (we don't know yet).
  • Visit Michelle's family in New York again.
  • See DC one more time. Man, I'll miss that city.
  • Play tour guide for Kait and Erik when they come down, yay!

Summer Reading List
  • Anna Karenina (UPDATE: I was told to avoid the Russians this summer because of how much what I read affects my mood.)
  • The Problem of Pain
  • Howards End
  • Imagine
  • The Lost World
  • Les Miserables
  • Crime and Punishment OR The Brothers Karamazov (UPDATE: see Anna Karenina.)
  • Midnight's Children
  • Dandelion Wine
  • The Sun Also Rises
  • Persuasion
  • Eve and the Choice Made in Eden
  • Anthem

That's it for now. But we all know I'll make more lists. I love lists. So, suggestions?

3 comments:

  1. Oh man Prince Edward Island!?! SO Jealous!!!!! I love Anne of Green Gables so much. And Anthem is one of Ali's favorites, although I have never read it. I should probably read it. Your summer fun lis sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I very much liked Crime and Punishment, but it is a rather odd story. As it is, Anna Karenina is on my reading list this summer. And I'm very excited for you to read Persuasion. It is one of my favorites of Jane Austen's. Good things ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. please add "go to South Carolina to see Abby's pregnant belly/attend baby shower" OR "go to South Carolina to see Abby's baby " depending on timing and all.

    ReplyDelete